[AT] 24 volt Deere's

Ron Cook ron at lakeport-1.com
Wed Oct 30 23:18:22 PDT 2013

There are 4020 diesel John Deere tractors aplenty around these parts.
Seems every farm has one.  I do not know of one that is still 24/12.  It
was a poor system and at least 30 years ago the local electrical shop
offered a 12 volt conversion kit.  It works quite well, however, keeping
the batteries charge balanced is still a problem.  My 4020 is a gasoline
burner, but did have two batteries.  One was always down, and your
system is only as good as the poorest battery.  Several years ago I
simply removed one battery and have not had a bit of trouble since.

Ron Cook
Salix, IA