[AT] 24 volt Deere's

Cecil R Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Wed Oct 30 10:29:11 PDT 2013

Both of those switches are good. The Delco is on my grader.   The Bosch
style is the same thing as used  on my two Belarus tractors.  Many
Belarus tractors have been changed over to one wire Delco alternators
instead of the original Marelli alternator.   On the Belarus tractors,
the starter is a 24V with everything else running on 12.   I have
changed some systems like these over to a 24V system, with one battery
supplying the power for all gauges and accessories.   The alternator was
changed to a 24V one wire delco.  This simplified the wiring and the
controls.  and kept the 24V starter.   A 24V starter cannot be beat for
cold weather.   By changing the regulator in the alternator to 24v and
connecting the accessories to the one battery, you can remove the series
parallel switch and the expense.

Cecil in OKla