[AT] Drill bits

Dick Day ddss at telebeep.com
Sun Oct 13 20:07:39 PDT 2013

I guarantee that everyone on this list knows way more than I do about tools.
I assume that, like most things, you get what you pay for.  Years ago, I
bought what I thought was a very good (expensive, at least for this wallet)
set of drill bits, that went from just thicker than a hair to 1/2"  They
performed well but over the years they have pretty much worn out, and I hate
to admit it, I broke a few and lost one.  When drilling any type of metal, I
always have a can of 3-in-1 Oil with me and use it liberally.

Does anyone use a Drill Doctor (or similar piece of equipment) to lengthen
the life of your bits?  It looks like they range in cost from $50 to $250.
Before I invest in a new set of bits, any thoughts on renewing verses
replacing?

Thanks

Dick