[AT] OT: Rosebuds! The oxi-acetylene kind...

Dave Johnson webguydave at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 16 09:15:03 PST 2013

Thanks for all the suggestions & heartening to see the question generate some interest!

Most pertinent? Charlie's tip that I'm not gonna get a sharp blue flame... which is what I was attempting to get, and too, Ron's observation that I need to turn up the gas flow.  I do worry that I might tax the acetylene tank, though (I'm running about 5A/15/O)... I've heard stories about trying to get too much out of the tank at a time... don't recollect the exact details but it seems that's not a wise thing to do....
... and if I come across a really big part, propane, or a big fire just might turn the trick (:<))

... and of course a stroll through Victor's website (thanks, Gary!) provides food for thought - funny how I forget to look at maybe the most obvious of places, like the frickin' manufacturer!!  But they don't deliver the info with the same, ummm.... 'flair' as you guys..

Thanks again, & I'll let the list know of the outcome!

Dave in Gilroy, Ca
Home of the Stinkin' Rose