[AT] OT - Question about chain

Will Powell william.neff.powell at comcast.net
Wed Nov 27 10:58:12 PST 2013

I've broken many chains pulling huge boulders with my HD6G but never had one fly back. That's not to say it could not happen... I'll be more careful from now on after reading some of these stories. I do stay away from steel cables and rope when pulling. I'm afraid too much potential energy could be saved in the cable and it would whip around if snapped.

My neighbor was a merchant marine . He came out on deck once and the deck people told him to "Get back inside, the captain's doing something stupid!". He said the captain was trying to swing the huge ship around somehow under power with a 4" rope. He said after he got back in he heard a large crash, the rope had snapped and left a long four inch line in the side of the boat where he was standing.

Regards,

Will

SE PA