[AT] OT - Question about chain

Stephen Offiler soffiler at gmail.com
Wed Nov 27 11:05:11 PST 2013

What Charlie said.  My comment meant that a tensioned chain (vs. a highly
stretched strap) doesn't store enough energy to pull an entire stump thru
midair all the way back to the pulling vehicle.

Of course a tensioned chain fly if broken.  Of course it can hit a human
with enough force to kill.  I get it.  The point I am trying to get across
is the fact that an equivalent size strap, if broken, stores many times the
amount of energy and is therefore that many times more likely to do lethal
damage.

SO