[AT] Tractor Shop weatherproofing

William Halm bhalm1 at embarqmail.com
Fri Nov 22 12:03:03 PST 2013

Don't know anything about trimused never heard of it.

However, I had the same problem with my pole barn, the one I converted into
a shop. The sliders(2) just could not keep out the cold and were very drafty
in the winter. So I added an insulated overhead garage door just inside the
both sliders. There is about a 6 inch space between the sliders and the
overhead doors when both are closed. In the winter I use both doors. I have
also insulated the sliders, but that doesn't keep out the draft.

After insulating the ceiling and the walls I discovered small amounts of
condensation dripping from the ceiling. I've added a dehumidifier to the
shop to help reduce the moisture in the shop especially in during the winter
months.

I've tried pellet stoves for heat. Too big an area to do any good. I added
propane heat which worked well after insulating. Now I'm hook up to natural
gas which is available, my wife didn't like the tanks in the yard.

This is how I handled my situation. Fighting the elements can be trying.

Bill