[AT] Gas problem now diesel

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Mon May 6 11:47:44 PDT 2013

On 5/6/2013 11:12 AM, Mike wrote:
> You beat me to it Ron, what are you guys with older diesels doing with
> the ULSD that you have to buy now days? I have a circa 1974 Massey with
> a perkins that I'm sure wasn't designed for the new diesel. I've heard
> of guys adding 2 stroke oil to it but have not heard a ratio or
> anything. Mike M

No problems with my old diesels yet but just in case, lately I have been
dumping some oil in the tank when I fill up with fuel. No measure, just
by guess and golly. It has certainly helped use up most of the odd left
over containers of oil. I've used two stroke oil, type A transmission,
motor oil, pretty much any clean oil I have on hand. Time will tell if
it works I guess.

Ralph in Sask.