[AT] most uncomfortable to drive tractor---now most comfortable

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sun Mar 24 20:59:31 PDT 2013

On 3/24/2013 6:25 PM, jtchall at nc.rr.com wrote:
> David, you asked so here is my choice for operator comfort.
>

> A late model JD 4020 would be my second choice. I chose the late model
> because the hydraulics were mounted on the side. Also the PTO lever had been
> moved to the console where it was much easier to reach. The operators
> platform is so roomy you have enough room for a water jug, log chain, and
> still plenty of room for those of us with big feet.
>
> So, given the same time period, what tractor would you guys choose as the
> most comfortable to operate?
>
> John Hall
I find my Super 90 Massey pretty comfortable to operate. Easy on and off
the platform. Steering and hydraulic controls good. At first I thought
that downward push clutch pedal was a bit strange but I find it is very
handy , I can push the clutch or engage it while standing up. Very
nimble and maneuverable tractor compared to the Case 730 or Cockshutt 40
and that Perkins diesel is just so thrifty on fuel that it is my first
choice for most jobs. Just wish it had about half the hours that it
does. Someone else got the best years out of that tractor.

Ralph in Sask.