[AT] 224T baler

jtchall at nc.rr.com jtchall at nc.rr.com
Tue Mar 5 15:26:15 PST 2013

We've never run a baler full throttle either.  That big New Holland we had
was ran with the tach around 1700-2000. Its been 22 years since it was here
so I don't remember exactly. I can't remember the model, it was bought
around 79 or 80, I seem to think it was a hayliner 3XX series? It was a
really tough machine considering how rough my uncle treated it while baling
wheat straw. He bought shear pins by the pack.

You guys don't know the meaning of dew and humidity if you can bale at 3 AM!
On a hot summers day here you are going to have to shut down by 8. I have
baled straw as late as 9 but you had to start babying the baler.

John