[AT] Never heard such a bang

Ben Wagner supera1948 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 18:25:28 PST 2013

Here's today's update on the Super A: I have ruled out now:

~Valves. Adjustments are correct, compression is fairly equal (+/- 5)
across all 4 cyls.
~Fuel.  All new fuel in the tractor.  All I get now is a bang a bit sooner!
~Spark. Jumping a 1/4 air gap with no problems at the plug.  New spark
plugs.
~Carburetor.  Nothing changed: cleaned and checked for blockage.
~Air bath.  Changed oil and checked to verify screen is clean.

I'm not done yet, but I am getting desperate.  All of us easterners will
be receiving a snowstorm on Wednesday: I need a snowplow tractor!!  I'll
keep everyone posted.

Ben W.

www.oldpathsequipment.com
Mt. Solon, Virginia
Antique Machinery Repair and Restoration