[AT] garden question; potatoes

jtchall at nc.rr.com jtchall at nc.rr.com
Fri Jun 21 19:19:35 PDT 2013

I would think all seed have been bred for certain qualities. Back in the
'80's I ordered some open pollinated field corn from a place in South
Carolina. After planting it I can see why we prefer hybrids. Some of the
ears were 8ft up in the air and by the time it was ready to combine, the
stalks were so weak they were breaking resulting in a tangled mess and a lot
of missed corn.

John Hall