[AT] garden question; potatoes

David Bruce davidbruce at yadtel.net
Wed Jun 19 04:37:37 PDT 2013

For us it is either in winter wheat stubble as Charlie suggests or a few
times planted earlier in a field that was allowed to lay fallow over the
winter.  Winter wheat harvest started here last weekend and now that we
should have a couple dry days I'm sure it will continue followed quickly
by planting soybeans.  Things in general running a bit later this year.

A few years ago I was working in a customer's textile plant just outside
Dillard, GA.  The valley between that operation and the Dillard House (a
tourist attraction with a huge and great country breakfast) was planted
with cabbage for fall harvest.  One trip I was there about a week after
the harvest when the remains were beginning to rot.  Quite a stench.
Needless to say we did not work with that mill during leaf peeper season.

David
NW NC