[AT] Test, now antique shows

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Mon Jun 17 16:03:03 PDT 2013

Yep I think you are right.  It replaced the Wildcat which was also a hybrid
of sorts.
What I mean by that is that things like the steering box, the size of the
brakes, etc.
were different than the other cars that were on the same chassis.

Mine didn't seem to suffer much from the emissions equipment and it would
run like a
scalded dog.  It wouldn't leave much rubber in the road but from about 30 on
it would
pull strong until it ran out of cam and valve springs.   Had a 2.73 rear
gear and it would
actually get better gas mileage at 70 than at 55.   It was built to cruise
the highway and
it was good at it.  The only thing I hated was the buzzer on the
speedometer.  You could only
adjust that buzzer needle up to about 85.  Beyond that you had to listen to
it.  I never did
bother to disconnect it.

I bought it new and when it had about 150,000 miles on it and didn't owe me
much the
bypass hose on the thermostat housing blew one day.   I HAD to be somewhere
on time
and couldn't stop to fix it so I drove it  about 10 miles at highway speed
with little or no water in it.
When I got out of it and walked across a parking lot about 100 yards and
into a building it was
still dieseling when I entered the building.  I just knew I had cooked it.
I came out about 2 hours later.
It had cooled down.  I cranked it up and drove it another 2 or 3 miles to a
mechanics shop and
had the hose replaced.   If it hurt it  I never knew it.  Ran just as good
as ever.

Charlie