[AT] Test, now antique shows

Steve W. swilliams268 at frontier.com
Mon Jun 17 14:49:35 PDT 2013

charlie hill wrote:
> Steve I used to own a 1973 Buick Centurion.  Yes a Centurion, not a Century.
> It was basically a LeSabre except it wasn't quite a LeSabre.   I don't know
> how
> many of those things were made but I sure should have kept it.  It was an
> odd ball
> for sure and a heck of a car.  4 dr hard top with a 455.

That was the new "sports version" for Buick. Replaced the Buick Wild Cat
I think.

73 was the start of the big safety push with the new impact bumpers and
emissions crap. Ruined the look of a lot of nice cars.

I made a good chunk off them though. The front and rear bumpers on some
of them between 73 and 79 were high quality aluminum alloy even on the
ones with rubber covers. Those scrapped out real nice.

--
Steve W.