[AT] Test, now antique shows

Steve W. swilliams268 at frontier.com
Mon Jun 17 11:25:35 PDT 2013

charlie hill wrote:
> Phil there seems to be some confusion about that on internet sources.  It
> appears that in 58 and also in 59 (if I'm reading correctly)
> there was a 4 door wagon badged as a Nomad.
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Nomad
> The same article points out that the 65 like my friend had was not actually
> called a Nomad although that is how he referred to it at the time.
> It remains to be seen if Wikipedia is correct but I found some other
> mentions and pictures of 4 door 58 and 59 Nomads.
> I'm like you.  I always thought they were strictly 2 door.
>
> Charlie

61 or 62 was the last year for the Nomad as a distinct model. May have
still been available as an odd trim package though.

GM likes to confuse people with their vehicle names...

If you want to cause a counter person a headache just walk into the
store and tell them you want parts for a Chevy Blazer. There are so many
variations in that one name to cause problems.

It's one of the reasons I laugh at Fords "F-Series is the #1 selling
truck for the Xth year" When every truck you sell from the F-1 through
the F-900 mid sized is an F series you should have the best "series"

--
Steve W.