[AT] Most wore out tractor (long)

Mike mikesloane at verizon.net
Sun Jun 16 06:59:35 PDT 2013

Here is a picture of my most worn out tractor
<http://public.fotki.com/mikesloane/international_240u/junk240-4.html>

OK, it wasn't a whole tractor when I bought it - I was only after the
three-point hitch, but the owner said I had to take the whole thing or
nothing. It ended up that there were a lot of usable parts. The engine
went to an ATIS member in VA (delivered by my son, who was living in the
area at the time), and the transmission/finals went to another ATIS
member in Iowa (courtesy of Cecil Monson, who was heading out that way
for a tractor show).

I just finished replacing the steel hydraulic lines on the working
International 240U - they were rotting away and had developed a pinhole
leak. I need to update the image album - I have since replaced the old
Woods mower (that kept tearing up $70 belts) with a brand new King Kutter.

The ground is far too wet for field mowing, but maybe later in the week
things will be drier.

Mike