[AT] On Topic: Reintroduction letter

jtchall at nc.rr.com jtchall at nc.rr.com
Fri Jun 7 13:54:02 PDT 2013

Are you talking about the belly mount mower on a Cub? I've been around a
couple and have never known them to shake the tractor worse than any other
sickle mower. We had a neighbor that mowed 6-8 acres a month with his for
20+ years with no problems. Take the belt off sometime and turn the mower
pulley real slow and see if you notice a tight spot in the rotation.

The hood is held on on the front by the 2 side pieces that run down the
radiator and bolt in the front end/steering/radiator base casting. The back
of the hood lays on the instrument panel. No other braces that I recall.

John Hall