[AT] OT Storm chasers, was Re: test from Gilroy, CA

Ken Knierim ken.knierim at gmail.com
Sun Jun 2 15:02:14 PDT 2013

yes, Dave. 3 Stormchasers (Carl Young, Tim Samaras from the Discovery show,
and Tim's son Paul) died. A weather channel meteorologist (Mike Bettes) was
injured (but not severely) after his SUV was tossed a couple hundred yards.
Apparently the storm changed course abruptly and caught everyone off guard.

Makes me appreciate our hot but fairly predictable weather. We get a few
microbursts during our monsoon season but nothing like that. And I
respected Tim's work, having watched the show. He was the careful one as
far as I could tell.

Ken in AZ