[AT] 1340 Hesston swather PTO shaft

jtchall at nc.rr.com jtchall at nc.rr.com
Tue Jul 16 15:18:26 PDT 2013

The rain has finally stopped here after 2 weeks. There is a lot of wheat in
the fields still, I've never seen it this late here. Weeds are starting to
take it over in addition to it spoiling. An insurance adjuster told me last
week they got 150 wheat claims in my region in one day. The fields are still
too wet to try to plant double crop beans, its too late now anyway. I was
able to get my grain sorghum planted the day before it started raining. I
don't know how much fertilizer and nitrogen I lost, but by the time the
fields dry up, it will probably be too late to add any.

Our first cutting of hay was nice but we lost about 20 bales to a leaking
shed and another 50 or so on a shed that got part of the roof blown off.
We'll be trying for our second cutting in a couple weeks--hopefully the
roofs are not going to leak this time. I've got to do some serious patching
when it cools down a bit.

Changing rear tires is enough to scare anyone away! If it were me I'd have
to find the money somewhere to get the tires changed by a pro.

John Hall