[AT] Ford 4000 Quitting Afer Running a While

Dave Rotigel rotigel at me.com
Sun Jul 14 15:42:13 PDT 2013

Well, let me think about this a bit Tom. I would think it would take me about 2 minutes to walk from my 'puter to the workroom and round-up the screwdriver, the 1/2" wrench and the 9/16" wrench needed to remove the hood on my 1953 MH. Likely another 30 seconds to walk to the barn. Then another 10 to 12 minutes to remove the hood. I think I could get the cap off in another 30 seconds. Probably only 5 seconds to remove the rotor, and another 5 seconds to remove the dust cover (is that what it's called?) thus exposing the points. Another two seconds to turn on the ignition and then about seven seconds to flick the pointe several times. (I used to be able to flick it in six seconds, but that was when I was a lot younger!) In all, if my math is correct, that's about 14 minutes and 19 seconds (and that would be on a GOOD day!) That means that you (at 5 seconds) are at least 171 times faster than am I. (But as you said, I'm an amateur)!
Many times when I have been working on my cars/trucks/old iron I have wished I had the "right equipment". Those of us who are not so lucky have to eat bread!
	Dave
PS, Five seconds--WHAT A MAN!
PPS, Al, Tune the tractor up. Plugs, points, condenser, rotor, cap and wires. Even if it does not need it you will feel good having done it!