[AT] Ford 4000 Quitting Afer Running a While

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Sun Jul 14 13:52:33 PDT 2013

Cecil, the problem with that approach is that sometimes it doesn't solve the
problem.
I replaced coil, condenser, points, plugs, wires, cap and rotor on my
tractor once in one of
those I'M GOING TO FIX THIS DAMNED THING fits only to find out 150 bucks
later that someone
had replaced the wire from the coil to the points with a piece of solid
copper romex house wire
and the wire had broken inside the vinyl covering.  It would run fine until
heat and vibration would
open the break up and it would spit, sputter and quit, cool off and run
again.    Took five minutes and
a piece of wire I had laying around to fix it when I finally diagnosed the
real problem.

Charlie