[AT] Ford 4000 Quitting Afer Running a While

jtchall at nc.rr.com jtchall at nc.rr.com
Sun Jul 14 04:46:50 PDT 2013

I'm suggesting a shotgun approach--points, coil and condenser. Mine and
dad's experience has been coils go out pretty quickly, as in seconds not
minutes, leading me to think it could be the condenser, but I'd bet on the
coil first. Considering the tractor is not at your house, it appears to be a
bit of inconvenience to work on it, that’s why I'd change it all and be done
with it. If all that doesn't solve the problem, I'd look into vapor locking.

John Hall