[Farmall] Anybody need an International H4?

jtchall at nc.rr.com jtchall at nc.rr.com
Sat Jan 26 05:10:04 PST 2013

Milo, won't work on your 10-20. You should have a Splitdorf 46C, IH E4A or
an IH F4. I seem to recall seeing a Bosch unit listed in the parts books as
well, but would really doubt you have one of those. Regardless, they would
all be base mount magnetos, where the H-4 is a flange mount.

There are lots of things to wear and go wrong on earlier magnetos. One thing
I always do is to replace the carbon brushes in the cap with new ones and
clean the buildup off the distributor disc. Also look for damaged wire
insulation, ran into that a few times. Did you place a keeper over the
magnet when you pulled it to change the condenser? Let us know what model
mag you have and maybe we can figure out what is going on.

John Hall