[AT] IH 350 U

Mike mikesloane at verizon.net
Mon Jan 21 10:28:56 PST 2013

If you look at just about any backhoe loader sold in the last 20 years
or so, there will be a hunk of angle iron pinned to the tip of one boom
cylinder - it is there to be flipped into position when the boom is
raised in order to keep it there when working on the machine. On the
newer machines they are painted bright red (probably so that the
operator will notice their position before trying to lower the boom).

Another rule, like the one noted below, is: release the pressure on all
hydraulic systems when the machine is not running. In other words,
ground all lifting equipment so that there is no way to accidentally hit
a valve lever and have something drop on some person's body.

I see all too many machines parked and unattended with booms, hoes, and
blades raised. If kids get access to them and start playing with the
levers, the results could be fatal.

Here are some safety tips from JD
<http://manuals.deere.com/cceomview/OMLVU13606_H3/Output/OMLVU13606_H34.html>

And yes, I am a little bit nutty about machine safety.

Mike