[AT] fuel system question

jtchall at nc.rr.com jtchall at nc.rr.com
Sat Jan 19 18:54:04 PST 2013

I can come up with a couple of ideas but no single reason:
No fuel pump, providing the tank is mounted higher.
Keeps the hood lower down.
Maybe being below the exhaust manifold keeps the  carb cooler---I might be
stretching a bit with this one.

What tractors did use a downdraft carb? I think IHC F-12 and 14 did, but
can't think of any others.

John Hall