[AT] County/City Water Connection: What size meter to use?

Cecil R Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Wed Jan 2 16:11:37 PST 2013

Al:
We are 1/4 mile from the meter here.  I ran a 2 inch line and am hooked
to a 5/8 inch meter.  Our fee here is now $2500.   I would not run any
water line smaller than 1 inch.    Might I suggest you find a subsoiler
to go behind your IH.  You can hook a pipe puller connector for 1 inch
pipe (found at a plumbing supply) and pull the pipe in behind the
Subsoiler.  It works faster digging out all the dirt in the trench.
Then just run over the trench with the tires to compact it.  It works
really well if you connect a 2 inch pipe torpedo in front of the pipe
puller to make a tunnel for the pipe to follow in.   The Black plastic
rolled pipe works fine for this.... If you use the black plastic, you
can use a male adapter and a pipe coupling welded to a chain for a
puller.   Just be sure to make a torpedo to follow the subsoiler and go
in front of the pipe.   Hope this makes sense.   I have pulled over 2000
ft this way in 500 ft  lingths.   We just dug a hole to start it and end it.

Cecil in OKla