[AT] Christmas, frost, drought and land

Grant Brians sales at heirloom-organic.com
Fri Dec 27 09:26:30 PST 2013

Land prices are highly variable in this area. The highly sought after Class
one soils near the cities and/or in the Slainas Valley with irrigation water
go for 15K up to 60K per acre. The lower class irrigated lands typically are
in the 5K to 15K range. Rangelands are naturally much less, but given the
tiny returns they generate, are a loss maker and most buyer buy for the
prestige of owning "a ranch!".
     Wells usually cost around 100K at this point to drill and set up. I can
only produce on irrigated land obviously....
           Grant