[AT] lost--generators

Ivan ivancou at windstream.net
Sun Dec 22 06:11:41 PST 2013

   I have several that I keep around . Have used them for weather
related ,camping , power at auction for food tent and a neighbor who
forgot to pay his electric bill . He described it as going "almish "  .
Have used a couple of them for extended times  going four or five days
only shutting down long enough to refuell and check oil .
  I also have a old miller gas welder that also has a generator and 220
outlet but it proved costly , one time we were without electric for a
couple days so I had to use it to run the hot water tank . I would start
it and let run for 30 minutes to warm up the water then switch back to a
smaller generator for everything else .   SO wife called me for dinner ,
sitting there eating when I heard the welder suddenly speed up . The
water tank switched off , and without the heavy load it surged . Took
out the satelite tv box and the tv . Took dish a week to get me a new
box .   No,I havent used the welder again ,at least not to run the house
.      Ivan