[AT] Ice storm

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Fri Dec 6 14:12:58 PST 2013

Dean,  I ordered some electric heat tracing cable from a place in
Toledo on Wed.   I need it quickly but with this weather and local
demand I bet it doesn't come on time.  They told me they would
have it shipped direct from the distributor in TN but who knows.
I have a client that blends veggie and animal fat with diesel to make
bio-diesel and he just added two more 20,000 gal tanks.  We have the
tanks insulated and full of product but the supply and delivery piping
for them is open to the air until I can get the heat tracing cable on and
get the pipe insulated.

Now for those of you interested in Bio-Diesel let me tell you about the
sophisticated way they blend this stuff.  The supplier has these tanks
full of veggie and animal oil that he gets trucked in to the terminal,
mostly on his own trucks.  Then when another fuel distributor needs
bio-diesel
for a truck stop or what ever they pull into the bulk plant with (for
example) 7,000 gals
of diesel fuel in the tanker.  He puts a credit card into the meter and
pumps 700 gals of
bio oil into the diesel already in the tanker.  He takes off down the road
and lets it mix
it's self on the way to the end user.  When it gets to it's destination it
is "10% Bio-Diesel"

Charlie