[AT] Ice storm

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Fri Dec 6 06:56:29 PST 2013

On 12/6/2013 7:25 AM, charlie hill wrote:
> I keep hoping that our Canadian friends will SHUT THE FRONT DOOR
> and stop the draft but I guess it's too late.  Looks like it might not reach
> all the way over here to the east coast of NC but I suspect John Hall
> and those to the west of him will get their toes cold.

Charlie you don't want what we have today. It is so cold that there are
actually some cancellations of school and such things due to extreme
wind chill factors. They are saying it went as far as -50C down in the
southwest near Swift Current. Luckily for me I have enough trees around
the yard and I hardly know the wind is blowing. Thermometer shows about
-24F right now. Lets just say that a lengthy power outage would be a
serious problem right about now. I need to plug in the block heater on
the Cockshutt 40 so I can put a hay bale or two out for the cattle
sometime today. Would it start without the electric block heater? Maybe,
but I would'nt want to bet the farm on it.

Ralph in Sask.