[AT] Cub problem

Cecil R Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Fri Aug 9 04:27:53 PDT 2013

I just spent 2 hours on a lawn mower tecumseh engine  for a friend that
had new points and condenser. No spark.  When I started checking with a
digital voltmeter, the condenser would charge up and then go to zero on
OHMS, then charge up again...  We put the 30 year old condenser back
in.  I had to sand the points with emery to get them to contact.
Finally, cut 1/2 inch off the plug wire and recrimped the plug terminal
and got spark.  This was a condenser from Prime Line mower parts handled
by Oreilly auto parts.

Cecil in OKla