[AT] Cub problem

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Thu Aug 8 19:39:14 PDT 2013

Greg,

Is your patience shorter than your billfold is long? I've owned several cubs and they are
pretty straight forward.  Did you park it outside?   I would suspect that the points have
become corroded and that you haven't truly gotten them clean yet. If they are relatively
new points they are probably POS imports from China.  The points we can get today are
really bad.  I would work really hard at making sure they are truly clean.  Also make sure
water/condensation hasn't gotten into the gas tank. Water will settle to the bottom of the
tank so draining the tank a little might help.  Also might want to squirt a couple shots
of clean gas into each cylinder and see if you get a couple pops. Also since the tank was
empty some gunk may have gotten into the carburetor. Check the sediment bulb for gunk.  If
you can get a couple pops by putting gas directly into each cylinder the carburetor
probably isn't supplying the gas to the cylinders. First make sure you have good spark
that chase whether you are getting gas to the cylinders.

Dean VP
Snohomish, WA

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll never need one
again.