[AT] potato planting

Ron Cook ron at lakeport-1.com
Wed Apr 17 11:49:23 PDT 2013

Ralph,
     I roto till between the rows, too.  For weed control and also to
get some loose soil for hilling.  My concern about the mulch idea is for
a good home for insects that I don't want.  Especially with using straw.
   I have a problem with grubs getting to the tubers and with stalk
borers above ground getting in the plants.  The stalk borers, of course,
are coming from the grass areas around the place.  I just never seem to
get things sprayed at the right time to fix that problem and I really
don't know what to do about the grubs.
Ron Cook
Salix, IA