[AT] potato planting

Herb Metz metz-h.b at comcast.net
Tue Apr 16 10:13:13 PDT 2013

Ron,
Ok, list 8 rows, or 12 rows, at normal listing speed.  If you plan
fertilizing, add horse manure in the furrows.
Then, at reduced speed, split those ridges with the same lister.  This
reduced speed will not throw the dirt as far and will cause a depression in
the center of the new ridges. Set the seed potato in that depression, and
cover them.   The seed potato will have at least 8" of loose, just tilled
soil beneath it (and fertilizer if you choose to fertilize).