[AT] potato planting

Ernst Borchert eb3 at shelby.net
Tue Apr 16 09:06:05 PDT 2013

	We grow about 12 acres of potatoes in the western part of North
Carolina to feed the hungry. We use a Farmall C with small shovels to cut a
path no more that 2 inches deep, more to layoff the rows. Then when they
have dropped the potatoes we come back with the Farmall with offset discs on
the front to hill the potatoes. We are trying not to bury the potatoes too
deep in the red clay so we can use a potatoes digger that scoops the
potatoes out of the soft top soil. This will be our first year using a
potato digger; hope it works.