[AT] today in the snow - also Harvest machinery trip

Mattias Kessén davidbrown950 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 13:47:38 PDT 2013

There will be no spring it will turn to summer in a few weeks. Probably
even more significant in your climate than ours. Anyway I'll take the chain
and blade off this weekend. The neighbour still has it on one tractor and
that is enough if winter reappears.
To do anything right now I'll need tracks. Mud and snow above frozen
ground. We've got a lot of rain today and it will continue all night. I'll
probably need wellingtons when feeding the sheeps tomorrow. Today all the
sheep was in the shed and that is rare so it must have rained a lot.
Mattias
On 4/12/2013 3:32 AM, Mattias Kessén wrote:
> Today we actually got rain. It sure is good for the snow and frozen
ground.
> I like where I live but I don't like that trhree of the four last winters
> have been extremely cold, snowy and long. Six months are way to long and
> 3-4 months longer than normal.
>
> Mattias

Everybody I talk to in Sask. is also very sick of winter and hoping for
spring. But today we are about 14 degrees below where we should be for
normal temps. Thats 14 celsius degrees which is a whole lot more in
degrees F. No wonder the snow isn't melting much. Last night's freezing
rain didn't help at all and made the highways dangerous. Farm auction
sales are in full swing right now and it must be pretty ugly getting
around the yards and trying to park where you won't get stuck. Machinery
still buried in snowbanks, summer fuel in cold diesel engines and
sprayers not winterized. What a spring!?

Ralph in Sask.