[AT] today in the snow - also Harvest machinery trip

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Fri Apr 12 13:24:52 PDT 2013

On 4/12/2013 3:32 AM, Mattias Kessén wrote:
> Today we actually got rain. It sure is good for the snow and frozen ground.
> I like where I live but I don't like that trhree of the four last winters
> have been extremely cold, snowy and long. Six months are way to long and
> 3-4 months longer than normal.
>
> Mattias

Everybody I talk to in Sask. is also very sick of winter and hoping for
spring. But today we are about 14 degrees below where we should be for
normal temps. Thats 14 celsius degrees which is a whole lot more in
degrees F. No wonder the snow isn't melting much. Last night's freezing
rain didn't help at all and made the highways dangerous. Farm auction
sales are in full swing right now and it must be pretty ugly getting
around the yards and trying to park where you won't get stuck. Machinery
still buried in snowbanks, summer fuel in cold diesel engines and
sprayers not winterized. What a spring!?

Ralph in Sask.