[AT] list and a Ramble about the change of farming and tractors.

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Fri Apr 5 07:35:25 PDT 2013

On 4/4/2013 10:34 PM, Cecil R Bearden wrote:
> Charlie:
> Here in OK, you would have to be farming 10,000 acres to afford that
> kind of equipment.  Hay is the best crop in this area.  I am trying to
> get a GPS guide system that I can use in the nightime or late evening.
> Foam markers would have to have glow in the dark foam so I could see it
> in the dark....
>
> Cecil in OKla
Cecil I just have to put in a word here for the Trimble ezee guide. I am
not a big farmer, or a very progressive one, but I was having major
problems trying to see the wheel mark from the last pass of my sprayer
with even a sixty foot boom. With the ezee guide I don't need to see a
wheel mark. That little seven inch screen on my dash shows me exactly
what I have covered in yellow and whats left in green. My fields are all
cut up with sloughs and bushes but no problem. The gps will draw a line
wherever I drive so that I can follow it on the next round with very
little overlap or miss.
I don't know and haven't bothered to figure out how much if any money
this has saved me in herbicides but I know it has certainly saved my
sanity because it was really bothering me driving blind and pouring on
$20 per acre herbicides by mostly guess work.
I spent right around $3000 for this complete system a few years ago and
have no regrets. It can be upgraded to auto steer for (quite) a few
dollars more but I have no need or desire for that.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dP4WEr4N2ag

Ralph in Sask.