[AT] Off Topic, Mall Two Man Saw Parts

jtchall at nc.rr.com jtchall at nc.rr.com
Mon Apr 1 05:23:03 PDT 2013

Will, sounds like you have a parts saw on your hands. You may be better off
to buy another saw and use yours for parts. I don't know of very many
"stashes" of parts for old saws. I think Malls are notorious for having the
coil to go bad. I bought one a few years back that was used in certain
outboard engines as well. I'm pretty sure I was working on a Mall at that
time, possibly a 7? Our collection topped out around 10 2 man saws and 30 or
so one-man saws. Now they just collect dust as I don't have time to "play"
with them. Here is a couple links to try for information. The second link is
for a fellow named Marshall Trover, he did have (and may still have) one of
the largest collections in the world. Also, if you go on Smokestack, there
is a chainsaw collectors forum.

By the way, when you talk to fellows on the West Coast about 2-man saws,
prepare to be laughed at regarding how small the saws here are. A 3 foot
blade to them is for cutting kindling.

Here is a chainsaw collectors website;

http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.nsf

This link is for a fellow on the west coast that helped me out with parts
for a Titan saw;

http://www.chainsawcollectors.se/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=236

Good Luck,
John Hall