[AT] Really nice sawmill

Dave Merchant kosh at ncweb.com
Sat Oct 27 08:24:31 PDT 2012

My kid thanks you, he shot the video.

This is an Amish crew that saws hardwood commercially.
They normally haul the mill out to the timber stand and ship the cut boards..

It's a very old Frick that has been updated with air dogs and
hydraulic log turner.
The hinged arm above the carriage carries the air line.

Built by Jonas Stutsman, who has an impressive large steam and sawmill shop
near Middlefield.  Company name is JS Machine, advertises in steam magazines.

Here is a video that I shot of the work.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9qS8GUdL4Q&feature=plcp

This is at a wonderful Amish steam show at an auction field east of
Middlefield.

Shooting is a bit awkward, you try to avoid showing faces.

Dave Merchant