[AT] IH Grain Binder

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Wed Oct 3 04:43:48 PDT 2012

We only had cotton on the farm that one year and only a few acres of it.
Daddy had to plant it because there was some sort of allotment we were going
to loose if
we didn't actually grow a crop.   I don't think it was a subsidy deal.  It
was just that the farm had a cotton allotment that had to be grown every so
often.   Folks here
didn't grow cotton back then and I understand why.   That little patch we
had was at best 2 or 3 acres and it took (if I remember right) 8 or 10
people two days to pick it.
There is a lot of cotton grown here now, now that there is modern equipment
to farm it with.   For a few years in the late 80's-early 90's the guy that
tended our place
had the whole farm from hedge row to highway planted in cotton.   The farm
has never been as clean and weed free as it was when planted in cotton.

Charlie