[AT] 560 D

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Wed Nov 7 11:09:34 PST 2012

On 11/7/2012 10:54 AM, Steve W. wrote:
> Will Powell wrote:
>> My AC HD6G dozer has two twelve volts in series. It came with an
>> ether injection system. You would put an ether canister into a
>> cylinder on the dash and it would puncture and meter out shots of
>> ether to start the engine. I just use a quick shot from a can of
>> ether and its starts right up. That's what it was designed to work
>> with. I don't believe newer diesels take kindly to ether.
> Mercedes used that same system on their trucks and cars for years. The
> last one I bought (1117 truck) still had it. Used a canister like a
> propane cylinder under the hood with a button. You turned the key on and
> while cranking the engine pushed the button. Worked pretty good.

Ether injection works well on my IH combine . A 1988 model 1660. It is
the only cold start assist on the combine. In a perfect world we would
always finish harvest before cold starting becomes an issue.
Unfortunately I have had to use the ether a time or two in the past on a
frosty morning and was glad it was there.

Ralph in Sask.