[AT] Tobacco Specials

Al Jones farmallsupera at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 7 15:24:38 PST 2012

One of our IH club members has a 784 Tobacco Special. IH called the 84's "Bright Lightnin's" with a special decal on the sidepanels with a lightning bolt going through a tobacco leaf.   IIRC you could get an extra extension for each front axle to get 96", and remove it for "normal" spacings.

Our JD 2940 is set up for tobacco and it's never been in a tobacco field.  The front axle won't get any narrower than 72."  Fine for 36" and 38" rows but nothing else.  Seen a lot of 2640, 2630, etc. Deeres that looked like spiders with the wheels out just as far as they would go!

Al