[AT] OT - How a steam locomotive gets built in 1935

Don Bowen don.bowen at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 18 05:49:49 PST 2012

On 11/18/2012 6:35 AM, jtchall at nc.rr.com wrote:
> and no computers to build solid
> models to see if it would all fit together.

I took an engineering drafting class during the 60s.  We spent a lot of
time drawing different angles to see how things fit together. This was
pre CAD days where we used pencils and ink.

Several years later I taught a very basic night class on a machine tool
language for machinists.  It was a real job staying one class ahead of
some very sharp machinists.

--
Don Bowen           AD0BR
"A man must keep a little back shop where he can be himself without reserve. In solitude alone can he know true freedom."