[AT] OT - How a steam locomotive gets built in 1935

jtchall at nc.rr.com jtchall at nc.rr.com
Sun Nov 18 04:35:50 PST 2012

Thanks for posting! I've got a few folks to share this with.

To really appreciate the manufacturing process in the video, you have to
realize this would be no simple feat today. I often look at old iron from a
machining aspect and wonder how they did that considering the lack of
carbide tooling, advanced cutting fluids, and no computers to build solid
models to see if it would all fit together. Highly skilled and extremely
smart craftsmen to put it lightly!

John Hall