[AT] ATIS members

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Fri Nov 9 04:20:23 PST 2012

Ken or others,

I've got a garden tiller with a 5 hp Briggs & Stratton.  It's got a lot of
years on it but very few hours.
I converted it to electronic ignition probably 10 years ago.  The engine
it's self is just fine but
it's got one of those carbs on it that connects directly to the top of the
fuel tank and that thing is nothing
but trouble on a good day and now it's gone bad again.  What I'd like to do
is find a carb that will fit it
and hook up to the governor, etc. that works with a remote fuel tank that I
will mount to the handle bars
and gravity feed to the carb.   Have you got any ideas or recommendations?

I've got one very old carb here that is in good shape.  It's a Lawson Power
products carb.  One of the old
ones with the stamped metal float bowl attached to the bottom.  I think it
will work but there is no provision
to hook it to the engine governor.   I don't care about the governor anyway
but I don't know what to do with the
linkage or how to bypass the governor.

New engines are cheap enough these days that I can't justify spending a lot
on it.

Thanks

Charlie