[AT] 560 D

Cecil R Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Wed Nov 7 06:09:53 PST 2012

I have several case tractors and a couple of Oliver diesels.  When they
were made 6V batteries were popular and had the most amperage.   They
always used 2 6v wired in series.  It has always been my practice to
replace them with 2 12v wired in parallel and I never have any trouble
starting them in the winter.  My 2 Belarus tractors have 24 v start and
they are great in the winter.

  I had a Massey 85 Diesel many Many years ago that would never start in
the winter.  We even replaced the batteries with 12V and had the
injector pump replaced and rebuilt the engine.  It was a continental
motors diesel.  It had a low compression ratio, and would not start
easily.  You had to use the glow plugs.  It was about a 1962 model, so
it was in the early days of diesel tractors.   I wired it with a series
parallel switch for 24V and It would finally start.   Then it went to
the auction before I had any other trouble with it.
Cecil IN OKla