[AT] 560 D

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Wed Nov 7 04:06:40 PST 2012

I have a 560D, and the PO re-wired the batteries from two 6 volt n
series to two 12 volt in parallel. It was a very smart move, in my
opinion. To start the tractor, turn on the "ignition" switch, hold the
chrome push-button switch on the little meter housing below the
instrument panel for about a minute. The meter should swing all the way
to the right. After about a minute, press the starter button, and the
engine should start up.
<http://public.fotki.com/mikesloane/farmall_560_tractor/light-and-ignition-3.html>

Do NOT use ether to try to start the engine, as it may damage the glow
plugs.

I would not recommend cleaning the injectors - they are complex little
things that should not be disassembled in normal use. If you think they
might benefit from cleaning, buy some additive to throw in the fuel.

More important is to clean out the glass bowl under the tank and change
the fuel filters. After doing so, make sure you purge the injector pump
of air, as per the manual. Before doing anything else with the tractor,
I strongly recommend getting a copy of the operator manual from Binder
Books <www.binderbooks.com>. It will save you a lot of time, trouble,
and money in the end.

Contact me off-line at <mikesloane at verizon.net> if you like. I will try
to help.