[AT] Best of ATIS? ---The D8 story

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sat May 5 08:06:22 PDT 2012

On 5/5/2012 5:39 AM, john hall wrote:
> Charlie, the lists were already split when I joined up and we still got more
> traffic than one had time to read. I subscribed to Farmall and ATIS and
> could barely keep up. We had a great mix of Q&A , restoration stories as
> well as stories from back in the day when our old iron was new.
>
> Unfortunately it seems no one here restores anything and rare is it any of
> us need mechanical help.

I guess I have never been much into restoring my antique tractors. Just
using them and keeping them in working condition. Making a few videos of
them at work for youtube. There are no local shows within driving
distance and I don't have a trailer to transport mine any distance
It seems old tractors have really jumped in price too. I watched a farm
auction online the other day where an old rusty Fordson Major diesel
sold for $2600. It was running but needed work.
I don't think any old tractors are being sold for scrap nowadays.

Ralph in Sask.